compensation: Depending on experience and licensing. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Motivated individuals only need apply!
This is a Full Time Position Only! Monday through Friday 9.30am to 6pm.
We are looking for a Customer service specialist in a busy insurance agency in North Bergen. High volume of phone calls. Absolutely must be able to multi-task. The candidate must be self-motivated and is required to make a high volume of phone calls to existing and prospective clients.
Here are a sample of the job responsibilities expected of a Customer service specialist:
Assists in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, friendly, high-quality service to our clients.
B. POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Responsible for gathering the information and risk management recommendations for the renewal of designated accounts sixty days prior to renewal and for delivering renewals and/or binders for designated accounts, as needed, within five days of receipt.
2. Conducts regular service calls to clients and leads.
3. Performs special projects at the request of designated clients after being approved by manager. Binders and/or policy or endorsement requests are to be completed within three days of date quoted to client.
4. Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency and company personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions claims.
5. After reviewing updated client exposure survey information, obtains other renewal information from insured, and completes applications for designated renewal business sixty days before renewal date. Assists Producer(s) as needed.
6. Reviews renewals to determine if non-standard policies can be rewritten in a standard program. Prepares rewrite applications for business through companies no longer represented at least 30 days prior to renewal. Secures and submits required renewal underwriting information.
7. Receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Completes changes/requests within 24 hours of receipt. Determines acceptability and placement, completes applications or endorsements, and collects premium when applicable.
8. Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by mail and/or phone prior to renewal.
9. Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action to be taken, and takes needed action within 72 hours of receipt.
10. Handles premium collection through form letters and requests cancellation of policies when necessary.
11. Follows up on outstanding claims and provides assistance in their resolution, as necessary.
12. Solicits expiration dates for policies not written by agency. Expectations are an average of one expiration date per client serviced.
13. Greet customers by name when they walk in or over the phone so they don't have to repeat their message. Do not ask the customer for their name in the first sentence of the conversation
14. Actively solicits increases in limits and/or coverages or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
15. Will receive a list of all cancelled policies in their split, must contact these clients to find out the reasons why they left and get their accounts back.
16. Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business using prospect database and automation system. Expectation is five referrals per week.
17. Documents all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages.
18. Performs other functions as assigned by management.
NJ Property and Casualty license is a STRONG plus.
Insurance experience with Applied systems products is a plus.
Must be able to type at 30WPM, we test this, if you type slow then please do not respond to this ad.
Send in your resume for consideration. Do not send us an email with questions, send us an email with your resume for consideration.
Pay depends on experience and qualifications.
We are willing to train somebody with no experience.
Spanish and English speaking
Property and Casualty Insurance License
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers