Location: Parsippany NJ
QR Code Link to This Post
Duration: 12 Months
Pay rate: $13/hr for 1st shift & $15/hr for 2nd shift
*Positions are filling so fast so don't wait!
• Set-up and operate CNC and/or EDM machines to perform machining operations, fast hole drilling, graphite shaping on metal castings, forgings and bar stock according to specifications and set-up instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods.
• Study work instructions (mechanical drawings) and set-up instructions to determine machining required, dimensional specifications, work procedures and methods. Determine tool lengths, maintain tool change list and program measuring adjustments.
• Install work holding devices such as blocks and tooling on table of machine using hand tools. Lift work piece on table manually or with other material handling equipment and position and secure work piece on machine table or in holding device.
• Select and install tooling, place electrodes in automatic-tool-changer (if required) in sequence specified on process sheet.
• Observe numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and speed of machining cuts. Check program at start of each shift.
• Inspect first-run piece, maintain measured dimension list. Record and inspect key dimensions for conformance to specifications using micrometer and precision dial gauges.
• Troubleshoot production, machine and quality problems.
• Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
• Minimum of one-year experience in EDM/CNC or tooling production or equivalent (equivalent being metronics tech school grad or similar program)
• Basic mechanical skills needed
• Proficient shop math skills