Lumitron is a manufacturer of aerospace lighting components conveniently located off interstate I-78 located in Berkeley Heights, NJ. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and follow strict aerospace and defense quality control procedures.
Open Position: Machine Operator
The Machine Operator will be trained to setup and operate benchtop CNC robotic manufacturing machines producing precision optical filters and component parts. Must have general knowledge of manufacturing practices and ability to meet dimensional specifications conforming to drawing specifications. Must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to take on responsibility and function as a member of a team. Candidate must be willing to perform various job functions in daily operations. General handy skills a plus. Will train.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Setup, adjust, and run benchtop CNC machines with high accuracy and productivity
2. Strong ability to read and understand work instructions and engineering drawings
3. Use of digital calipers, micrometers, and other precision measuring devices
4. Ensure dimensional conformance to work instructions and engineering drawings
5. Must be able to hold tight tolerances
6. Perform routine machine cleaning and maintenance duties
7. Document actions by completing production and quality logs
8. Operate band saws, rotary tools, bench sanders, etc., as needed
9. Follow all safety regulations to prevent on the job injury
10. Follow all company safety protocols, maintain a clean and uncluttered work area
11. Willingness to learn and follow detailed instructions
12. The ability to multitask and be able to accept daily production changes effecting CNC machine priorities
Education and Work Requirements
• High school diploma or GED and 1 - 5 years related experience and/or technical training or equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
• Bilingual English / Spanish a plus.
• US Work Documentation.
• Basic Windows operating system computer skills
• Experience with hand tools
• Excellent eye-hand coordination and dexterity
• Attention to detail
• Pride in workmanship
• Basic math skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate in English.
We will consider both experienced and inexperienced individuals. We are willing to train.
We offer medical, dental, vision, and 401K.
Candidate must have valid working papers, agree to a background check, and provide references.
Lumitron Aerospace Lighting Components is a small business specializing in lighting components for the aerospace and defense industry. Our niche is high-tech optical filters, precision machined and assembled with sub-miniature incandescent lamps or light emitting diodes (LEDs) for use in illuminated avionic displays, manufactured to meet military and commercial cockpit/crew station illuminated display requirements. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and follow strict aerospace and defense quality control procedures.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers