compensation: Commensure with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Business Development Coordinator
Lowenstein Sandler Law Firm is expanding, has a collaborative culture that encourages initiative and provides outstanding client service at all times. The Firm is committed to career development and offers programs that address both personal and professional development goals. Employees are given opportunities to provide community service throughout the year and offered an array of benefits such as Medical, Dental, 401K and a Profit Sharing Plan.
We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated drive, dedication, professionalism and a positive attitude. The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development of various groups' practices. The position is located in the Roseland or New York office and reports to the Practice Group Business Development Managers.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Ensure that each groups' marketing materials are up to date, accurate and complete:
o Gather, organize, and draft matter descriptions to maintain group experience lists
o Gather, organize, and calendar information on group news, events, and publications
o Keep attorney bios up to date and assist with updates to LinkedIn profiles as needed
o Keep group collateral and website materials up to date
o Events. Evaluate event opportunities consistent with the groups' strategic plans for the groups' attorneys to get in front of clients and prospects, and assisting in implementation as needed, working with the firm's event team.
o Communications. Work with the groups' attorneys, BD Managers, and Communications team to assist with external communications including alerts, articles, and other media opportunities.
o Directories, guides, and lists. Work with the groups' attorneys and Business Development Managers to prepare submissions including gathering data for submissions, crafting the appropriate message, and submitting the final documents.
o Budget. Assist in developing and managing the groups' business development budgets.
o Data. Maintain up to date and accurate practice group mailing lists.
o Pitches and proposals. Support the groups' attorneys in preparing new business pitches, and assist in the group's responses to requests for proposal. This responsibility includes:
Help prepare the presentations and proposals, coordinating with other attorneys, practices or Marketing Department resources as necessary.
Apply any new information collected during the pitch/proposal process to create new--and update existing--marketing materials.
o Miscellaneous. Execute special assignments as required by the group or the Marketing and Business Development Department.
• Assisting the groups' attorneys in business development planning by conducting research, including:
o Research on industry trends and issues that may impact clients' and prospects' businesses and recommend actions to capitalize on them
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Bachelor's or advanced degree required
• A minimum of two years of marketing or business development experience required
• Financial, consulting, or legal services marketing experience preferred
• Knowledge of appropriate marketing and business development methods, processes, and tools
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, prioritizing among competing tasks
• Ability to interpret, explain and apply instructions and/or guidelines as appropriate
• Ability to execute flawlessly; strong attention to detail
• Computer skills needed including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and internet research
• Ability to work effectively with other team members; strong relationship-building skills
• Adaptable, flexible, and tenacious at achieving goals
• Exhibits professional maturity; composed under pressure
Office Location: Roseland, NJ or New York, NY
Schedule: 9 AM - 5 PM or 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Amount of Travel Required: Occasional trips to other offices on East Coast
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler LLP as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers