Are you contemplating having your child homeschooled?
Regular Education Students:
1. Does your child not enjoy going to school?
2. Are they overwhelmed?
3. Do they work better in a small/quiet environment?
4. Do you feel as the parent that your child would get more out of their education if they were able to pick and choose what classes they would like to take whether it be online or just by themselves?
5. Is your child a quick learner and therefore homeschooling would allow them to work at a faster pace than perhaps what school can offer?
6. As a parent, are you tired of all of the homework that your child is given from the public system?
7. As a parent, are you tired of your child being taught for the sole purpose of “teaching to test?”
Children with Special Needs:
1. Does your child do better learning in a smaller environment?
2. Is the stimulus in school too much for them?
3. Is your child being bullied because of their learning differences?
4. Are you tired of policing your child’s school to ensure that they are doing what they are supposed to and legally responsible to do?
5. Does your child need support services to help them overcome and target their difficulties?
6. Are you tired of receiving phone calls from your child’s school regarding problem after problem?
7. Overall, is going to school a daily fight with your child?
If any of these situations are applicable to you and your family, perhaps homeschooling might be the answer that you have been searching for.
I have worked in the education industry for 26 years in varying capacities: Teacher, Counselor, ABA Therapist, Educational Consultant and Special Needs Advocate (ilenebmiller.com).
I am available to work with your child to genuinely help them master the academics that they need as well as to help them become a successful, active and productive individual. When I homeschool your child, I personalize every lesson so it's tailored to them.
I work with children in grades K-4 in all subjects. For grades 5-8, I work on ELA, Social Studies and Science.
Don't start this school year dreading what will occur or how your child will adjust.
Give me a call at 347-802-5354 to discuss what the 2019-2020 school year could look like for your child and family.
Ilene B. Miller, M.S. Ed.
Check out my book: https://www.amazon.com/Child-Special-Needs-What-Understandable-ebook/dp/B07NBWJL16
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers