favorite this postWanna Learn About Japanese Language & Culture? (TBD) hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
Hello! Please, take a look at these questions:
- Do you live in West New York, Guttenberg, North Bergen, Union City, Fairview, Cliffside Park, Palisades Park, Fort Lee, Edgewater, and/or can commute to these areas easily?
- Are you free Friday evenings 7:00PM-9:00PM and/or on Saturdays/Sundays during the day (10:00AM-6:00PM range)?
- Do you want to learn about Japanese culture (traditional, pop culture, etc.)?
- Do you want to start or continue studying the Japanese language (any level)?
If you answered yes to most/all of these questions, then how about we form an all-inclusive Japanese Interest Group? Whether you are a beginner who only knows konnichiwa and samurai or an advanced learner who passed the JLPT N1 and can speak a regional dialect like Tsugaru-ben, all are welcome.
If you have any language partners who are Japanese and think they would be interested in sharing more about their language/culture, they are more than welcome to join!
I do not want to pay the monthly fee to host on Meetup (nor do I want to make attendees pay dues), so this is my game plan:
1) Find interested people on Craigslist (there must be a few good apples here right?)
2) Have interested people fill out a Google Form (to survey the best times and locations for everyone)
3) Create an event on Eventbrite and have interested people spread the word (free listing for free events, yay)
4) Have a first meeting and gauge how it goes (what went well, what could be improved)
5) End up with a nice regular group of people passionate about Japan (that can grow and be nurtured over time)!
THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED MAY SEND A REPLY TO THIS AD WITH THE SUBJECT LINE "HAJIMEMASHITE" (or it gets ignored), YOUR FIRST NAME, AND AN E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT I CAN SEND THE GOOGLE FORM TO. /allcapscreaming
Hope to hear from you soon!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers