Construction Company in need of Project Accountant to monitor the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project Billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
QR Code Link to This Post
1. Create project accounts in the accounting system.
2. Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
3. Review and approve vendor invoices related to a project.
4. Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project.
5. Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project.
6. Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
7. Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
8. Report on project profitability to management.
9. Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings.
10. Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
11. Create or approve all project-related billings to customers.
12. Respond to requests for more detail fro customers.
13. Close out project accounts upon project completion.
14. Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
Desired Qualifications: A bachelor's degree in business or engineering, with detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents. Must have excellent communication and writing skills, and at least 3 years of experience in project accounting.
Notary a plus